#repost @musteatperuvianguineapig ・・・
VENISON AND BROCCOLI
I got this recipe from @cremedelacrumb1 and it was fantastic. I tweaked the recipe a little since obviously this was originally beef and broccoli and I had to use a soy substitute to accommodate my allergy. Overall this is a two thumbs up. Be sure to use a a tough cut of meat. The first time I made this I didn't use flank steak and it fell apart and wasn't very appealing at all. I used a venison ham steak cause it's a tougher cut. Needless to say the first go round was NOT photo worthy. And for the record a rice cooker is the greatest invention since the toaster. I obviously served it with brown rice. Well worth $30 bucks! 🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌
* 1.5 pounds flank steak, thinly sliced and chopped into 2 inch pieces (I use venison ham steak)
* 1 cup beef broth
* ⅔ cup low sodium soy sauce (I use Braggs aminos cause I have a soy allergy)
* ⅓ cup brown sugar (I use the #splenda brown sugar mix to cut the sugar)
* 1 tablespoon sesame oil
* 1 tablespoon minced garlic
* ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
* 4 cups broccoli florets
* 2 tablespoons cornstarch + 4 tablespoons cold water (I use gluten free all purpose flour)
1. Grease the inside of a slow cooker. Add steak, beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, and chili flakes. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low 4-5 hours.
2. minutes before serving, uncover the slow cooker. In a small bowl whisk corn starch and water until dissolved. Add to slow cooker and stir. Cover and allow to cook another 20-25 minutes.
3. Just before serving, place broccoli in a large tupperware, fill with ½ inch of water, and place the lid on in an off-set manner so that the container can vent. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Drain, stir broccoli into slow cooker, and serve.
#learningtocook #ForTheLoveOfFood #foodjournal #fooddiary #trynabehealthy #foodsnob #foodie #instafood #instafood ie #goodfood #foodlover #foodgram #foodporn #trynabehealthy #BeefAndBroccoli #venison #venison AndBroccoli #crockpot #crockpot Recipies #slowcooker #recipe #recipe s #spinach #basil #glutenfree #soyfree #slowcooker central