OK, so I'm in shock again.... The hot water heater broke Tuesday. Haven't showered since Monday (ICK!?!?!). Well, the man came to fix it today. The picture is of the thing (pipe?) that was going into it.
It was leaking CARBON MONOXIDE EVERY TIME IT TURNED ON!?!?!?! The landlord says he had it inspected a year ago. I've lived here since August 2016. I don't recall any maintenance guys coming in since I moved here.
TALK ABOUT BLESSED TO BE ALIVE!!!! From Google, "Carbon monoxide is harmful when breathed because it displaces oxygen in the blood and deprives the heart, brain, and other vital organs of oxygen. Large amounts of CO can overcome you in minutes without warning—causing you to lose consciousness and suffocate. ... CO poisoning can be reversed if caught in time." That's 3 shocks and blessings in 2 weeks....winning a car, award of full disability and not being dead!!! #blessing #hazard #carbonmonoxide #housing #houses #maintenance #breathing #medical #doctors