A while back I had the opportunity to speak at a Bloggers' Workshop organized by TCRA, hosted by my long time friend @imungy. I spoke on monetizing social media (SM) and effective use of SM for feedback. ~
The greatest honor for me was sharing a platform with my friend and former boss @jmucheru, Google's first Sub-Saharan Africa employee, the then Google Sub-Sahara Africa Lead, now the Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of ICT - Kenya. He is quite an articulate and captivating speaker and listening to him speak on taking advantage of Google tools was quite something. ~
2 years later a young Blogger got in touch with me and told me that after my presentation (monetizing SM), he went and restructured his SM and started practicing what I shared. He was now making money. ~
Wow! What a joy when you hear such feedback. That one dude made those 2 days worthwhile for me.
Last night I remembered this guy and was reflecting on the things he told me then, which I'm going to share here:
1. Actions will always beat information any time. Knowing what to do and not doing it will not add value to you. ACT. TODAY. NOW.
2. Commitment and dedication are key in achieving your dream/goal. It won’t come easily.
3. Patience pays. It takes time to see results. Don’t give up.
4. Consistency. It is not the MUCH you do every ONCE in a while but the LITTLE you do EVERY DAY that will make a difference.
5. Be eager to learn new ways of doing things. Don’t be afraid to experiment. Be a risk taker.
6. Have a strong WHY.
6. All the above lessons are applicable to every area of our lives. He applied the same to his relationship and it blossomed. ~
Sometimes all you need in life is to HEAR just one strategy and when you IMPLEMENT it, it changes your life for good. Question is, who or what are you listening to?
Be Ignited. Be Inspired. Be Influenced. Become the best version of yourself you can ever be. ~
#ignite InspireInfluence #determination #believeinyou #actionoriented #purposedriven #goals #dreams #reflections #entrepreneur #entrepreneur ship #success #millionaire #billionaire #patience #motivation #inspiration #influence #ignite #focus #dedication #choices #SucceedOnPurpose